Kit dramatically simplifies deployment and management of secure, connected products with Wi-Fi and cloud connectivity
Eindhoven, Netherlands, December 2, 2015 – NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today unveiled the LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit designed to significantly reduce time-to-market for deploying IoT products. The kit helps designers bridge the gap between unconnected embedded products to cloud-connected products without the need for deep expertise in security, Wi-Fi stacks, device commissioning, and cloud service APIs.
NXP collaborated with ecosystem partner, Zentri, known for creating a single platform stack that helps companies build connected products for the IoT market, to combine the NXP LPC43S67 microcontroller, A7001CM secure element and NTAG I2C NFC, a Murata SN8000 802.11b/g/n module, with the Zentri Secure Connected Product Platform. The kit is designed to simplify the effort and reduce the time needed to create and deploy secure, connected products such as vending machines, personal health devices and interactive displays, industrial products used for factory automation, industrial gateways and diagnostic equipment, as well as consumer products used in the home, such as washing machines and thermostats.
The LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit jumpstarts all three key aspects of developing an IoT product:
- security and connectivity of the physical device, including secure cloud-based device management for provisioning and remote management
- developing applications for end users and connected users, and
- protocol-agnostic cloud connectivity to support the connected functionality and services.
“Embedded product designers are under tremendous pressure to add IoT functionality to their next-generation products,” said Asit Goel, Sr. VP & GM BL Secure Monitoring and Control, NXP Semiconductors. “But mastering security, wireless connectivity, cloud connectivity, device management, and mobile app development presents most companies with steep learning curves that delay time to market by months, often years. The LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit combines security and connectivity expertise from NXP and Zentri to help developers overcome these challenges with limited in-house expertise and without compromising time to revenue.”
“Zentri is excited to partner with NXP to deliver our Secure Connected Product Platform as an integral part of the LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit,” said Paul Fulton, Chief Executive Officer, Zentri. “The Kit makes it easy for developers to stay focused on releasing embedded products, deliver a great connected experience to all users and, ultimately, to enable product companies to realize new, recurring business models with premium product features and services.”
The LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit includes:
- Reference hardware: LPCXpresso43S67 board based on the NXP LPC43S67 microcontroller and A7001CM secure element, an NXP LPC General Purpose Shield, an NXP NFC NTAG I2C board, and Murata SN8000 802.11b/g/n (SD card)
- Zentri Secure Connected Product Platform: the ZentriOS, ZentriOS SDK, ZentriDMS, and Zentri Mobile App SDK
The LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit will available from NXP distributors in December. Production quantities of the NXP LPC43S67 microcontroller, A7001CM secure element, and NFC NTAG I2C are available now from NXP distributors.
- NXP LPC43S67-A70CM Cloud Connectivity Kit
- info: http://www.nxp.com/techzones/microcontrollers-resources/solutions/connectivity/cloud-connectivity-kit.html
- ordering: nxp.com/board/OM13086.html
- Zentri portal for Complete Connected Product Platform components: https://www.zentri.com/nxp
- NXP LPCXpresso IDE: http://www.nxp.com/techzones/microcontrollers-resources/developer-ecosystem/software-development-tools/lpcxpresso.html
- NXP LPC43S67 microcontroller
- NXP A7001CM secure element
- datasheet: nxp.com/documents/short_data_sheet/A700X_FAM_SDS.pdf
- info: nxp.com/products/identification_and_security/authentication/A7001CMHN1.html
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) creates solutions that enable Secure Connections for a Smarter World. Building on its expertise in High Performance Mixed Signal electronics, NXP is driving innovation in the application areas Connected Car, Security, Portable & Wearable and Internet of Things. NXP has operations in more than 25 countries, and posted revenue of $5.65 billion in 2014. Find out more at nxp.com.
Zentri is radically changing the way product companies deliver secure mobile and cloud connected products that deliver rich connected experiences. Leveraging Zentri’s Silicon-to-Cloud Secure Connected Product Platform, our customers get to market in weeks instead of years with highly secure and robust products. In addition to delivering the connected experience product buyers expect, we enable secure product authentication, seamless OTA software update, remote product diagnosis and analytics, and more. The heart of our platform is ZentriOS, a complete product operating system embedded into Zentri’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE modules or available as standalone software, cloud device management software available as a service or as a connector for your existing cloud partner, and iOS/Android SDK’s for mobile app developers. Over 600 customers trust Zentri to securely connect their products and drive deep customer engagement. Learn more at www.zentri.com.